Brand Management Fall 2022 Intern - Corporate
We are growing! SharpRank provides the best independent, cross-sport performance ranking system and is a ratings agency for media outlets and sports personalities ("Sharps"). By leveraging our proprietary performance ranking algorithm, we generate verified ratings, providing easily digestible data and metrics to the industry.
SharpRank is excited to announce the SharpRank Fall 2022 Brand Management Internship program. This will be a Fall semester program purposed to allow college Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of working in Brand Management for a professional sports and data analytics organization. Students/Teammates will have an opportunity to not only learn from some of the industry's leading professionals but will also get a chance to experience life at a sports tech startup firsthand.
SharpRank is in search of highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working in sports media. Highly motivated individuals will be selected for a 12-14 week (with a possibility of a performance based extension) Development Program for SharpRank. As an intern, you will learn about the various aspects of Marketing for SharpRank. All interns will get to observe and practice meaningful work that has a direct impact on the business. Under the direction and guidance of a SharpRank manager, the internship program will provide students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sports marketing experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, the intern will gain hands on experience with team staff. The selected candidates will work on a well-defined project with clear goals that will require a combination of analytical, technical (programming), quantitative & strong communication skills. In addition to practical on-the-job training, the intern will be challenged with learning opportunities relevant to SharpRank business needs. Based on several key factors, the intern may be considered for program extensions or offered full-time employment upon graduation.
- Identify trending news, videos and pictures on social media that could be used to develop campaigns around those trends
- Observe and practice how to manage operations of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages
- Observe and practice the creation of social media content to align with the SharpRank brand standards.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director on project management and creative execution of marketing campaigns
- Observe and practice the coordination and management of creating and executing social and digital content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, our website, etc.
- Observe and practice how to manage projects of various scale from beginning to end
- Observe and practice assisting day-to-day needs of the podcast, Social and Digital Content staff and complete general office tasks
- Observe and practice coordinating project expectations with third party vendors including designers, photographers, videographers, printers, etc.
- Observe and practice the process of content creation and research: social media content development, engagement, and reporting
- Learn to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Observe and practice how to contribute to the development of a creative team through creative writing, presenting and asset file management
- Practice producing great work results through organization, integrity, effective communication and proactive problem solving
- Practice focusing on small details and accuracy in a fast-paced changing environment
- Observe and practice strong analytical and problem-solving skills in the day-to-day business environment
Our internships offer you the opportunity to
- Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen; you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future, especially within Sharprank's growing platform
- Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire
Students should be pursuing a Business Administration, Advertising, Public Relations or Marketing degree. Previous experience preferred. The ideal candidate is a hands-on team player who has a passion for sports, sports analytics, and the growing sports gaming space. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter and is eager to make their mark at new and rapidly growing company. They must be tenacious and trustworthy and be at ease in a rapidly changing yet rewarding environment. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement, delivering a quality, robust product, and, most of all, sports!
The qualified candidate will apply lessons learned in his/her previous experience and pull it all together to take on a foundational and eventual leadership role in a startup company with a bright future. They will work directly with the leadership team on their semester goals and role execution. The key to success for the qualified candidate is an open channel of communication between the candidate and the leadership team. Have a question or an idea for improvement? We're all ears. Email us at email@example.com• Must be a recent graduate, or enrolled full-time as a Junior or Senior for the Summer 2022 semester at an accredited university.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Ability to work in a supportive team environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Video and Photography experience is a plus
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask
- Previous experience is a plus
Application deadline: Aug 19
Internship Dates: August through December
SharpRank is proud to offer internships and opportunities with the following departments*:
- Brand Management - Marketing/Social Media (Virtual or Corporate Office)
- Data Analytics (Corporate Office Washington DC - Baltimore Metro Area)
- Corporate Sponsorships/Partnerships (Corporate Office Washington DC - Baltimore Metro Area)
- Campus Ambassador (Respective Campus)
* Please only apply to a posting that is relative to your degree program
Qualified resumes may be sent to:info@SharpRank.com